IPL Therapy for Dry Eye (Lumecca)
Lumecca Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) by Inmode for Dry Eye
Lumecca uses Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) to deliver a comfortable light treatment that is an effective treatment for dry eye, blepharitis, and ocular rosacea. IPL has further been shown to decrease demodex and bacteria around the eyelids.
IPL technology works in the treatment of dry eye by stimulating the facial tissue through controlled light pulses that target blood vessels and pigmented lesions. This results in a significant reduction of inflammatory levels along the eyelid margin. The Lumecca light energy, wavelengths, pulse rate and duration can be adjusted to meet each patient’s severity of dry eye.
Benefits of Lumecca:
- Decrease in dry eye symptoms and ocular rosacea
- Reduced abnormal blood vessels to alleviate inflammation
- Safe, in-office procedure
- Tailored treatment to your specific needs
- Bonus aesthetic benefits including decreased redness, sunspots and hyperpigmentation